Embroidered Dino Pocket Tee

Hey everyone I hope you have had a great start to your week! I have been moving my content over to Blogger from Wordpress because I think it is going to work out better for me. My blog is mainly about DIY and anything to do with yarn so please check out the other posts that I have moved over as I continue to get this blog up in running. 
In the mean time, this is one of my favorite projects that I have done because it is so simple. I absolutely love anything with little dinos on it and so I decided to make something of my own. I am not the best at embroidery, but I thought I would give this little embroidered decal a go. Click this link to see my inspiration for this tee shirt. It was super easy to do and just requires a shirt, needle, 2 colors of embroidery thread and hoop.
IMG_2888.JPG
First off, place the hoop around the section you are going to embroider and trace your outline on your shirt that you would like to use. I just used regular pen that I could wash out.
IMG_2889.JPG
Next, just do a really simple stitch around the outline of your dino, go completely around in one color before switching to your second color. I just left knots inside the pockets as they won’t get disturbed in there.
IMG_2892.JPG
Tie off all your strings inside the pocket and take off your embroidery hoop when you are all finished. I also decided to add a little yellow knot eye at the last minute. And that’s it! It was so easy and I think its so adorable.
IMG_2938.JPG
I am excited that I was able to improve my embroidery skills a bit and now I have my very own dino pocket tee on a shirt that I was just planning to get rid of.
IMG_2942.JPG
Let me know what you think and if you have any further embroidery tips or tricks for me. Thanks so much for reading!!
~ Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts